Today I welcome Matt and Jessica Hardecke from Clover Meadows Beef to the show!
I’ve had several listeners over the past few months request that I cover the topic of beef and specifically what types of beef cuts are good for which types of recipes. I thought where better to get good information than from people who are at the source! Matt and Jessica own and operate Clover Meadows Beef, where they raise all-natural Missouri Grass Fed Beef, and Grass-Fed-Grain-Finished Beef. They sell beef direct to consumers in the great St. Louis area, and they are passionate about raising cattle and educating consumers.
Beef 101 with Clover Meadows Beef
In this show we cover:
- The Hardecke’s farming background (Matt is the fifth-generation of his family to raise cattle–awesome!).
- Rules of thumb when buying beef in the grocery store.
- The 8 primal cuts of beef, and where to find the most tender cuts.
- The difference between USDA Prime, Choice, and Select grades of beef.
- Grass-fed vs. Grain finished beef.
- Tips for grilling the perfect steaks and burgers
And one more bit of great news if you are a beef jerky lover…Clover Meadows Beef sells a line of jerky that you can find on Amazon! Want even better news? Jessica and Matt are offering Kitchen Counter Podcast listeners a 50% (!) discount on beef jerky through Amazon…BUT you have to order before midnight Pacific Time on July 31st, 2017, AND you have to use the discount code I mention in the show (you didn’t think I was going to make it THAT easy did you?).
Find Clover Meadows Beef Online
The Kitchen Counter Podcast is now on iHeartRadio! Check it out!
Connect with The Kitchen Counter Podcast!
If you liked what you heard, please consider subscribing in iTunes or in the Google Play Music store. You can also help out the show by leaving a positive review wherever you find your favorite podcasts (you know you want to)!