Download the episode MP3 (right click to save)
Thank you for checking out the very first episode of The Kitchen Counter podcast! Here is an outline of what we talked about in this episode:
Greeting & Thank You!
What to expect from the podcast
About the podcast:
- What’s behind the name?
- Cooking and eating
- Kitchen tools and food product reviews
- Tips and “hacks” for cooking (I would love to hear from you about the tricks you use in the kitchen!)
- News of interest to home cooks
- Not a pro cook, but I love to cook and have been home cooking for 20+ years
- Love food, and the memories and way it helps build relationships with others around food
- I’m not a food/ingredient snob. I believe we need to be flexible when it comes to making home cooking work for us
- For example, I’d rather you use chicken stock out of a box than ditch the home-cooked meal altogether because you couldn’t make stock yourself
- I’d rather you use beans out of a can than ditch the whole meal because you didn’t have time to soak beans
- I want to help you get in the kitchen and start cooking! I’ll help you take the steps to grow your skills and confidence
- We’ll have fun and learn lots of new stuff together
- You can help the community by sharing your stories from the kitchen
Reasons to cook at home:
- Have a healthier lifestyle
- Save money
- Be fulfilled
- Have fun
Barriers and Roadblocks that prevent people from cooking at home:
- You have to have a lot of time to cook at home
- You need a fantastic kitchen with lots of great equipment and appliances to make delicious food
- You have to have talent to cook (a.k.a. “I can burn water” syndrome)
- You don’t have anyone to cook for
Connect with The Kitchen Counter Podcast!
If you liked what you heard, please consider subscribing in iTunes. You can also help out the show by leaving a positive review in the iTunes store!